Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Peach, Proscuitto & Ricotta Crostini




Hey, look, a recipe not from the Bob Greene cookbook!  I got my new "bon appetit" in on Friday.  I'm really broke right now so I can't afford the ingredients to much right now, so I just decided to try this one.  You're supposed to use special artisan bread, but when I saw the rye bread, I didn't keep searching for anyhting else.  I recently discovered how much I love rye bread, and really wnated to use this yummy looking loaf from the bakery.  I'm glad I chose it, it is very good bread.  The dish was very good.  I made it first yesterday with the peaches, but wanted to try it with pineapple today.  It's very good either way, a 91/2 both ways.  Maybe even a 10?  I used veggie bacon instead of proscuitto, of course.  It's better not to cook it too crisp though, and to leave it softer like the ham would be.  I will defientely make it again.  (The spell check is not working on the blogger site today, so hopefully I don't have a bunch of misspelled words on my blogs today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment