Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2016

Italian Chicken Bundles



I made this dish for our dinner tonight.  Considering that I started a new job today and was pretty tired, this was not too much work.  I did, however, skip the step where you're supposed to flatten the chicken with a frying pan.  I just stretched it with my hands and it was less of  a roll-up (like it was supposed to be) and more baked chicken with a yummy topping.  I changed a few other things as well.  First of all, I got this recipe from a box of a cheap version of corn flakes, and you were supposed to crush them in a food processor.  Instead I chose crispy rice cereal (it would be good with bread crumbs too).  I used garden veggie cream cheese mixed with the regular (I didn't take a pic of it), and I changed the spices a bit, but kept it pretty close.  Oh, yeah, I also did not have sun-dried tomatoes, so I just used 1/2 a can of diced tomatoes (instead of  2 TBS), and I used a cup of cheese instead of a few TBS.  We both absolutely loved this dish.  We both said it was a lot better than expected and want it again and again!  This is a HUGE 10!  

No comments:

Post a Comment