Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Julie's Dilly Philly




Want something simple and yummy to make for lunch or dinner?  I made these Philly Cheese Steaks for our lunch today.  I sautéed onion & red pepper in olive oil, red wine vinegar, and butter, then added sea salt, lemon pepper grinder, and dill.  I brushed the hoagie rolls with butter & mayo, then added roast beef, Swiss cheese, and mustard.  I topped with the veggies, closed up the rolls, then baked in the oven until cheese was melted. Yum!  These get a big 10 from both of us!

If you are as regular reader of my blog, you may be confused.  Yes, I have been a vegetarian for seven years.  They say your taste buds change every seven years.  So, weirdly enough, two months ago I started craving meat after not wanting it for a long time.  And, no, I am not pregnant and having weird cravings, but being 43 years old and nearing menopause age may have something to do with my sudden change in cravings.  I now eat meat 2-3 times a week.  It is easier as well as less expensive to eat meat, but it does still bother me to eat an animal.  When I can afford it, I am sure I will go back to being vegetarian again.  In the mean time, it is more convenient  than fixing two separate meals for my husband and me.  I start a new job tomorrow with more hours than my old one, so fixing less food will make it easier when I get home from work.  On the upside, at least I now get to try all the dishes I create, and not just the meatless ones!  P.S.  I did not try the salmon I blogged about a few posts ago because I have never bee a fan of seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment