Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

King Creole






I made these wraps  on the 13th.  They are, by far, my absolute favorite wraps ever – and Mel’s too!  He even says they are better than his favorite burritos he gets at his fave restaurant “Los Betos.”  The small thing I changed was my choice of spices, but the big thing that made these so yummy was using the leftover potato/onion/green pepper/corn mixture, and adding the celery and two flavors of pinto beans.  I cooked the bratwurst in the juice leftover from the sautéed mixture and he said that made them taste better than ever before!  I used veggie maple sausage in mine.  Also, I added feta cheese & fresh cilantro to top.  These were above and beyond a ten for both Mel & me & I will absolutely make them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment