Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Green Chile and Cheese Stuffed Bread





I made this yesterday for Mel.  he loves spicy foods and I hoped he'd like this recipe.  It's from an old magazine.  I don't know how well it shows in the photo, but it's from "Spring 1998."  It was from when "The Idaho Press-Tribune" used to host cooking school demonstrations and give out these free cookbooks.  I wasn't even into cooking then as much as I am now, but  I always loved those shows.  Wonder if they still host those?  Anyway...  I tried this bread but it was too spicy for me, but I thought the flavor was pretty good.  Mel said it was a "10!"  I show the recipe again in the last pic just to show that I made a lot of notes on it.  It was supposed to be for a bread machine, but I don't have one of those, so I wrote down hand made instructions and changed the quantities of the chilies from 4 -7 ounces and the type of cheese to pepper jack (Mel's idea) and the amount  from 1 1/2 to 2 cups, and Mel doesn't like olives, so I used a fresh tomato instead.  (would have used 2-3 tomatoes, but only one was good).   

No comments:

Post a Comment