Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pineapple Coffee Cake




I made this today also (for my mom & me).  It's supposed to be made with plain rolls, but I decided to use the orange rolls that come w/ the orange cream cheese icing.  I really think that helped make this a 10!  It still would have been goods plain, but maybe only an 8.  The orange in the rolls and icing was perfect w/ the pineapple.  I accidentally melted the butter too much (when softening it) for the crumb topping so it was more of a paste than a topping.  I could have remade it w/ new butter, but I didn't want to waste the ingredients. But it turned out to be a good mistake because it caramelized when it cooked and tasted so much better than a crumb topping.  This would be great in my barkery!  I would make it as I did and rename it: Orange-Pineapple Carmel Rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment