Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ginger Waffles & Carrot Muffins





Because I have several posts today, I'm going to combine some recipes together. I've had a busy morning and it's not even 2:00 yet. (That's what happens when you can't sleep past 8:00). I made all of the 4 recipes today & still plan to make the "No Cheese Lasagna" for dinner tonight (Maybe - I'm running out of steam!). I was getting ready to make the waffles this morning & realized I didn't have any molasses for the waffles or honey for the muffin recipe so I had to run to the store first, but at least it's a only a minute away.

Waffles: amazing, a 9! I was going to get a larger mixture of berries, but fruit is crazy expensive right now, so I got the blackberries because they were the cheapest. It would have been good w/ bananas and walnuts too. It called for 1/2 regular and 1/2 whole wheat flour, but since I have about 30 # of flour right now, I didn't feel like spending the money on extra flour. I did get bran pretty cheap though.
Muffins: This is the first time I've ever used tofu.  I know, I've been a vegetarian for 2 years and have never tried tofu!  Muffins are not bad, but not wonderful either.  I'll give them a 7 1/2.  They'd be good w/ cream cheese, and a lot more walnuts but since it's a low fat recipe (and diet), I won't add those things.  Raisins would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment