Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Corn and Lima Bean Chowder & Sugar Snap Peas With Peanut Dressing





Both of these are yummy.  I was going to have the chowder for today's lunch and just make the dressing for tomorrow, but I wasn't hungry after the waffles, so I only tried a bite of the chowder.  It was good, an 8 1/2.  It called for thyme, but the last time I used thyme (ha ha), I didn't like it.  I used this new stuff I found called "Perfect Pinch, Vegetable Seasoning."  It has all the best spices in it, I really like it.  It would be good w/ cheese and/or sour cream, bur again, I'm trying to stick w/ the low fat theme. 
As I mentioned, I was just going to make the dressing for the peas, but it looked so good, I decided to have it for lunch today and save the chowder for work lunches.  I love fresh ginger, it smells and tastes so good, so I really love this dressing.  This is my favorite today, easily a 10!  I was supposed to blend the dressing in the processor, but I discovered that I don't like to use my processor for anything w/ oil or buttery type stuff b/c it's plastic, and hard to get nice and clean (non-greasy) afterwards.  It probably should have been less thick and smoother, but it is super yummy anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment