Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

Julie's Taco Turkey Hash




I made this dish for Mel on Wednesday.  I initially thought I was going to follow an actual recipe, but I ended up changing it so much that my version of this dish was completely different from the cookbook.  Therefore, I decided to change the title of the recipe to "Julie's Taco Turkey Hash."  This is made with turkey sausage and diced potatoes with peppers as well as added red peppers, onion, and cilantro.  Mel really loves anything Mexican, so I added half a packet of taco seasoning to the sausage.  I also decided to add some beef broth to the potatoes, onions, and peppers and get them nice and soft (as well as adding extra flavor) just for about 10 minutes, then I drained off all the liquid so they wouldn't be soupy.  I also added fried eggs to the top.  Mel said this was, by far, his favorite hash recipe I have made so far.  He gave it a huge 10!!!  He can't wait for me to make it again!  

P.S.  Here's my other hash recipe: http://animalsfaithmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2014/05/beef-hash-veggie-sausage-hash.html

No comments:

Post a Comment