Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Julie's Food Pantry Lasagna




As much as I hate to admit it, since moving to Cascade, our finances have been very tight.  Therefore, we have had to rely on the food pantry (also known as the food bank) for some of our groceries.  I have been able to come up with some pretty good recipes using food given to us, and this is one of them.  All of the ingredients in these 2 lasagnas (one had meat and the other meatless), with the exception of the small amount of cheddar cheese I used, were all from the food pantry.

I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients, but the lasagnas included:  whole wheat lasagna noodles, sun-dried tomato sauce (yum!), corn, spinach, refried beans, mozzarella, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, onion, and Mel's had sausage.  We both really loved this - turned out better than I expected.  We both give it a 9!! 

If you have ever contributed to a food bank (as I have done in the past and will do again someday) - thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment