Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Julie's Rice -n- Hamburger Casserole






I made this for our dinner on Monday.  It is also another creation based on mostly food pantry items.  I was going to add tomato soup to mine, but decided to switch to the 1/2 a bottle of cheese sauce instead.  This was much better than I had expected - very easily a 10 from both Mel and me.  Mel's was made w/ hamburger and gravy (not from the food bank) and mine was meatless with cheese sauce (also not from the food bank), we both had onion, green pepper, & red pepper sautéed in butter and balsamic vinegar, then I added corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes to the same pan.  We both added salsa and parmesan cheese to the top.  So yummy, and I will probably make it again next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment