Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Butternut Squash Soup & Mel -n- Julie's Tater Soup






 
 
I made butternut squash soup about a week ago for my dinner (Mel doesn't like squash).  It is the first time I have ever made this kind of soup.  I just happened to have been given both squash & tangerines so this is why I chose this recipe.  I didn't have enough tangerines for the entire amount of juice the recipe called for (less than half), but this was such an amazing recipe anyway.  I would give it a 9!  I will make it again soon! (The white you see in the photo of the soup is yogurt.  The recipe also called for pistachios on top, but I didn't have any.  I almost used walnuts, but changed my mind.)
 
I made the potato soup yesterday because Mel had to have a tooth pulled and I wanted to make him something soft to eat (and we have a lot of potatoes).  I could not find a recipe I liked, so Mel and I came up with the ingredients list for this soup (I also added a can of corn right before I placed it in the food processor.).  I turned our pretty good, but not great, we both give it an 8.  We topped it with cheese.  Mel is going to top it with BBQ beef and I am going to try applesauce (just like I would for potato pancakes) to see if it improves the flavor.  I would make it again, but with less pepper and minus the beans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment