Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Julie's Spaghetti Red & Pumpkin Pie







I made these items for our dinner and dessert yesterday.

Mel introduced me to a new dish: Spaghetti Red.  I had never heard of it, but he said his father, Paul, used to make it for him all the time as they both loved this dish a lot.  Back then, it was a can of chili on top of spaghetti with added raw onion and hot sauce.  We did not have chili, so I improvised, and it turned out so very yummy that Mel said it was better than what he had as a kid & I loved it so much I think I'll  make it on a regular basis.  I simply sautéed the onion in butter & balsamic vinegar, then added the pinto beans with the above spices in the 2nd pic.  Then I added the sauce w/ a little more chili powder.  Tossed it all together w/ the noodles.  Mine were topped with just cheese, but I added hamburger and salsa with the cheese to Mel's.  We both give this a 12 out of 10!!

The pie & crust recipe was from the can of pumpkin.  The crust was a 10, but the pie was disappointing.  We both give it a 8.  The recipe did not call for enough spice and it was rather bland.  I added cinnamon-ginger-sugar topping, but it still could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment