Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Julie's Vegetarian Chili




I made a big pot of chili tonight for our dinner.  Another great meal for a budget!  I got this recipe from an old friend of mine, Cheryl G., but I changed it a little bit.  Again, I did not take a picture of the ingredients, but here's what I used: 1 onion, 2 packages of vegetarian "beef", 2 cans of chili beans (chili-flavored pinto beans), 2 cans kidney beans, 1 can black beans, (I usually use 2 cans black beans, but I must have used one of the cans for the stew I made),  4 cans of diced tomatoes - 2 were roasted garlic flavored, and the other 2 had diced chilies in them, and I used 4 different flavored grinders.  The kitchen is so cold it froze the olive oil, so I sauteed the onion in butter, and my usual 2 types of vinegar (balsamic and red wine).  We like to top our chili with Fritos, I used plain & Mel used chili cheese flavored.  Mel also used Mexican cheese, & I used cheddar.  Mel also likes hot sauce!  It turned out really yummy, and we both give it a 10!  Mr. Sock Monkey liked it too!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment