Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Banana & Pear Crisp





 
I made this for our dessert.  As you can see, I am using the Bob Greene cookbook a lot.  Mel & I are trying to eat a lot healthier & this cookbook has a lot of amazing recipes.  Initially, when I ate the first few bites, I didn't think it was sweet enough. I'm used to crisps being almost too sweet.  But the more I ate it, the more I loved it & couldn't get enough.  It only has a total of 2 teaspoons of sugar in it, but you add honey to the crisp, so it is so much healthier.  Mel & I ate right out of the bowl and finished it up - it took us a few hours & it even tasted good cold. Mel gave it a 10!  I gave it a 9.  I changed it bit because I added 3 pears instead of 2, and 2 bananas instead of 1.  I doubled the topping & instead of pulsing the nuts in the processor - I wanted to taste them - I added them to the top, so the almonds had a yummy toasted taste.  I used almonds instead of walnuts basically because they were on sale, but I would use them again.  I will absolutely make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment