Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Salsa & BBQ Meatloaves





I made two different types of meatloaf for Mel's dinner Friday night. He keeps going to restaurants and ordering meatloaf and keeps getting it burnt! So I said I'd make him meatloaf and he could design it. We co-created these two different meatloaves. Because I have been a vegetarian for five years, I have neither eaten nor made meatloaf in a very long time. I think I forgot how to make it so it's nice and solid. I should have crushed the crackers up in the food processor instead of by hand - I think this was my mistake. In other words, the meatloaf was too mushy and not "loafy"!! Mel said the flavor was still good on the BBQ one. He was trying to be polite and grateful by saying he really appreciated the hard work I put into these, but I don't think he liked the salsa one very much.

Top 3 photos are the salsa meatloaf, and bottom 3 are the BBQ. You can see by the plate of both types that they are more like hamburger casserole. (That's instant mashed potatoes and gravy in the center.) Mel's final rating for the meatloaves were: salsa -6 & BBQ - 7. Hit and miss. Maybe my meatloaf making days are over. Unless a reader out there has some good tips for me??


No comments:

Post a Comment