Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mel's Birthday Cake & Zucchini Bread



 I got both these recipes from the same cookbook & brought them both to Mel's birthday picnic with the bible study group.  I didn't get any good photos of the cake (where you could see the layers) because the camera I was borrowing was a cheap one & no matter how hard I tried, the photos would not turn out.  Basically, it was a white cake w/ lemon extract, and I made a lemon & coconut filling, and frosted it w/ a cream cheese and coconut icing.  All Mel's favorites!  Everyone liked it at the picnic; I'd give it an 8 1/2 - 9.  But everyone really went crazy over the zucchini bread.  They said it was the best they had ever had and wanted the recipe.  I changed the recipe a bit from what was in the book.  I changed the type of oil used and added a butter/ raw sugar topping.  I'd give this bread a 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment