Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Ice Cream & Sorbet



Mel & I got an ice cream maker for a wedding gift.  I made more types of ice cream other than just what's posted here, but I didn't have a camera for a while and had to borrow one.  Anyway, since it's so fattening, I switched to sorbet.  The ice cream is better; all the recipes I tried were 10's, and the sorbets were, an 8 1/2 for the lemon-basil, and an 8 for the coconut.  The 2nd photo is triple berry ice cream (supposed to just be strawberry, but I wanted a mixed berry version, butter pecan, and Mexican chocolate ice creams.  Mel & I liked them on waffles!  I think butter pecan was both our favorites of all the ice creams I made.  I also made peanut butter cup & banana walnut with white chocolate chips (no photos).  The bottom photo are the lemon-basil & coconut sorbets.

No comments:

Post a Comment