Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fried Chickpeas



This is one of those recipes that sounded so weird, I just had to try it.  Plus I had all the ingredients at home already except the lime.  Instead of cayenne pepper, I used peppercorns.  And I squeezed the juice from the lime in w/ the olive oil about 1/2 way through cooking.  I'm munching on these now.  They are really good, an 8 1/2.  I am sure they could be an 9 - 9 1/2 but I over cooked them by 1-2 minutes.  They looked perfect so I walked away for a minute to work on my laundry.  And when I walked back into the kitchen, they were over cooked and at least 1/2 of them were burnt.  If that hadn't been my last can of chickpeas I would have started over.  Oh well, even the burnt ones taste good!  P.S. Note the new leaf dish.  I got that for the fall soups I'm sure I'll make.  I also want to get the pumpkin shaped one.

No comments:

Post a Comment