Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Butternuts (Candy Cane Cookies)

Hold onto your Santa hats, I'm about to post 8 different cookie recipes I made for Christmas.  I made 6 1/2 of them today (spent 6 hours in the kitchen).  The 1/2 being that I made the dough yesterday for one of them, but rolled them out & baked them today.  I had planned on splitting them up between my 3 days off, but I ended up working on Fri & Sat was too busy w/ my dad and then my work Christmas dinner.  I was originally going to make the 12 treats of Christmas, but b/c I was at work on Fri, I didn't have time to buy the last minute ingredients I needed.  Oh well, this is plenty.  They are mostly for work, but also giving some to my mail carrier (Shelly), and saving some for me and my family.  I am OF COURSE, posting these not in the order they were made, but in alphabetical order!  (he he) Also, I didn't get very creative w/ my photos because I was doing so many (plus my camera isn't photographing very good right now).  So, here it goes. 



These are called "Butternuts" and are supposed to be made with crushed up butterscotch candies and almonds, but one year (at least 7 years ago), I decided to try them with crushed up candy canes and walnuts instead.  They have been one of my favorite Christmas cookies ever since (they're good w/ butterscotch too).  They always spread a bit (as you can see in one of the photos), but they are so good.  I give them a 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment