Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Julie's Pierogie Lasagna



I made this for our dinner last night.  It is 100% my idea.  Last time I bought pierogies, I started thinking they would be good in a lasagna.  So it's basically a lasagna with vegetarian beef, veggie sausage, and substituting lasagna noodles for potato & cheddar pierogies.  Other than that, it's pretty much just like regular lasagna.  Mel & I both love this & give it a 10!  I will make it again, but there are 2 things I would change: First, I would add a couple of green peppers to the sautéed onions (which I sautéed in butter w/ the veggie meats and diced tomatoes & seasonings), and second, I would exchange the diced tomatoes for fresh ones.  I didn't get a very good photo of it, but it tastes much better than it looks.  Feel free to steal this idea, I know you'll love it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment