Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peanut Butter & Jelly Squares





It was so nice to bake again! Our finances are super tight right now so I've been pretty limited in the kitchen. However, I made these with ingredients we already had at home. Since I made them in a pie pan (I don't have the right size square pan), I'd actually call this "Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookie Pie." Mel loves PB & J sandwiches so I made these with him in mind! This is a wonderful recipe (as are all in the Mrs. Fields cookbook). The cookie part tastes like delicious shortbread, and the PB & J filling is so yummy! Mel & I both give this a 10! I will absolutely make these again!
P.S. I realized when I was uploading the photos that I forgot to add the powdered sugar to the filling, but I'm glad I did.  It was sweet enough without it & I think I'll just scratch that from the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment