Search This Blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Penne, Green Beans, & Goat Cheese


I made this last night for dinner.  I usually try to stick as close as I can to Gordan Ramsay's recipes, but I made a few changes this time.  First of all, it says "green beans" in the title, but the pic in the cookbook looks like light colored beans.  Also, they are referred to as "Kentucky Wonder Beans" which I could not find.  And Mel hates canned green beans anyway.  So I told him to pick out the beans and he picked out the "Northern beans."  Also, it calls for pine nuts which were $15 a pound a WinCo so I decided to skip them.  It was Mel's very brilliant idea to try sunflower seeds instead since they are salty and crunchy.  This was a very good idea as they went perfect in this dish.  Also I chose feta cheese because goat cheese is sometimes gross and without someone to guide me to the good kind I decided to use feta.  I also added an onion.  This was very yummy.  Mel gave this a 10.  I gave it a 9.  It was surprisingly tasty and I will make them again with the same changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment