Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

No-Bake Cookies & Rice Krispie Treats





I know these are not terribly original, but they are cheap to make and I am on a very tight budget right now.  They are classics for a reason.  They are super yummy!  Mel says these are the best he has ever had of both treats and gave them each a 12!  I give them both 9's!  I have never had the no-bakes without cocoa, but this recipe didn't call for any.  We both like them better chocolate-free.  Yet, ironically, I added a tiny bit of cocoa to the krispie treats!  My mom taught me the trick of peanut butter in krispie treats so I've always made them that way.  When I was a dispatcher, I used to make tons of different kinds of krispie treats for the cops and they all went crazy over them.  It's fun to be creative with them.  Some of my ideas were adding: chopped up cinnamon bears (the #1 favorite of everyone, they went the fastest), caramel squares, dried fruit & nut mixes, and various flavors of baking chips.  Anyone out there want to comment about another idea - I'd love to try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment