Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Creamy (Veggie) Chicken & Beef Pot Pies







I made these yesterday.  My first ever attempt at a pot pie.  Mel really loves pot pies & I have been wanting to make him a homemade one.  I got the recipe off the inside of the Philadelphia cream cheese box.  But it called for a ready-made crust & I wanted to make a homemade one.  I got the crust recipe from my Cuisinart food processor book.  I made 2 different pies because I made mine with veggie "chicken" and the mixed veggies I like, and Mel's was made w/ Beef, gravy, and mixed veggies he picked out.  I loved mine, but it was a little dry, I'd maybe add 2 cream cheese sauces to it or make a veggie gravy.  I'd give it an 8 1/2 - 9.  I didn't taste Mel's (since I don't eat meat), so I asked him to rate it honestly.  He said it was a "10.  The best pot pie I have ever had."  He also said it was "perfect" and he "wouldn't change anything" and that it was his "favorite" of all the things I have made for him so far.  So of course, I will definitely make these again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment