Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sticky Lemon Chicken




I made this Gordon Ramsay recipe for Mel's birthday on Thursday.  It was a gamble for me because, believe it or not, I have never cooked raw chicken before.  However, I knew that Chef Ramsay's recipes are easy to follow and always delicious!  The picture looks gross, but this was the best chicken either one of us ever had - very easily a huge 10!  I served it with a side of mashed potatoes and white sausage gravy.  Honestly, this was a huge pain to make because the olive oil (and other ingredients) splattered all over the place and made a greasy mess to clean up, and as it cooks, it turns into a sticky mess that was very difficult to clean out of a cheap frying pan (I'm sure if  I had a nice, expensive one, it would have been better).  Because it was so good I made it again on Friday with a side of brown rice (I had to substitute lemon juice for real lemons as I only had one - but this made the flavor stronger), but I do not think I will ever make it again because of the messiness.  I substituted soy sauce for Worcestershire sauce, and the spices listed for a pre-packaged blend of McCormick spices for basil chicken.  I used red wine vinegar instead of sherry vinegar and I only had a little bit of honey to use.  Anyway, Mel's birthday dinner was a success!     

No comments:

Post a Comment